Re: Closing bugs, incrementing release number, and uploads to mentors.debian.net

Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> writes:

> 2009/1/19 Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>:
> > However, I only upload when I release it, so at that point it's
> > not unreleased any more, and I change the suite (usually to
> > "unstable"). Why would the "UNRELEASED" suite survive to be
> > uploaded, even to mentors.debian.net?
>
> last revision (the one you intend to upload) should not be marked as
> UNRELEASED of course, only previous attempts should be

So you're advocating to change the previous entries in the changelog?
I thought that was quite frowned upon.

> All I want is to be able to depend on
> /usr/share/doc/*/changelog.Debian.gz data while deciding what
> minimum required version should I use in Depends (I don't want to
> check http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes archives, see
> mentioned bug reports)

Doesn't the availability of the ‘rmadison’ tool make that trivial for
the sponsor, without needing to alter already-uploaded changelog
entries?

--
 \       “I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add.” |
  `\                                                    —Steven Wright |