Re: mentors.debian.net reloading

Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Is dtc considered an (almost) perfect (simple) package from your point
> of view?

No. It's far from perfect, and all but simple. And also, I consider it
VERY outdated in the archive, I wish my corrections were uploaded.
Anyway, why are you talking about it? It's completely away from this thread.

> There are people clearly not willing to fix problems. And not willing to
> learn. I've seen “there're still errors, but that's OK with me, feel
> free to fix them before uploading” [1].
>
> I've seen people blaming people submitting patches for RC bugs, instead
> of being a little thankful.
>
> I've seen people wanting to (tentatively) hijack packages because the
> maintainer didn't want to push a more-buggy-than-the-present-one new
> upstream release.
>
> I've seen people doing all the above at the same time. And that's
> definitely not what I consider being “trying to learn”. I don't know
> about you, but I'd like to avoid such maintainers, be them Debian
> Developers, Debian Maintainers, New Maintainer applicants, or occasional
> Maintainers. And again, that's not about bashing newbies, see the
> previous list.

Isn't that a minority? And do you think that a voting system would
prevent that?

Thomas