Re: daemon stop and start during upgrade

Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:

> Because exiting with zero or non-zero has absolutely nothing to
> do with "behaving sensibly". Actually returning a non-zero exit code is
> the right thing to do, cause the action to stop a process _did_ fail,
> because the process has not been running.

Not really. It also depends on how you see it: if I ask some process to
stop,  I don't care if it was running or not. All I care is that it does
end up stopped. I see it like this:

stop:
        pre-requisites: none
        post-conditions: the service is stopped, or an error is reported

--

  Felipe Sateler