Re: daemon stop and start during upgrade

Felipe Sateler schrieb:
> Not really. It also depends on how you see it: if I ask some process to

Sure. Thats exactly what I'm saying.

> stop,  I don't care if it was running or not. All I care is that it does
> end up stopped. I see it like this:

Really? So maybe *you* don't care about the services state when you stop
it. But *I* could expect it to be running, if I ask it to stop. Because
something could be wrong, if the service is not running, I want to know
if it isn't. OTOH its not me requesting the service to stop, but a
process that can't know that I eventually stopped the service, because I
wanted to do.

Well doesn't matter, really. I agree to what you are saying. But the
point is, that others could see that different. Thats were rules and
policies come in handy.

Regards,
Patrick