Re: RFS: FSlint - File System lint

Pádraig Brady <P@draigBrady.com> wrote:

> Done. The following "source package" was built with:
> dpkg-source -b fslint-2.15 fslint_2.15.orig.tar.gz

[...]

> I'm confused as to why it didn't ask me to sign it.

I don't know if that's expected (I usually use 'debuild' to build my
source packages), but you can always sign the .dsc and .changes files
afterwards with 'debsign'.

Actually, this is generally better because then, you only type your GPG
passphrase when the packages are really ready, *after* doing all your
tests (which usually causes several package builds for the incremental
fixes, and therefore several times where you would type you GPG
passphrase for no good reason in the end, if not building with a "don't
sign" setting).

NB : to tell debuild not to sign by default, I have:

       DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS="-us -uc"

     in ~/.devscripts.

--
Florent