Re: RFS: FSlint - File System lint

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 04:15:09PM +0100, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> >>As far as I can see you want me to provide:
> >>
> >>fslint_2.15-1.dsc
> >>fslint_2.15-1.orig.tar.gz
> >>fslint_2.15-1.diff.gz
> >
> > Yea, this is the "source package".  You could have an empty .diff.gz
>
> Done. The following "source package" was built with:
> dpkg-source -b fslint-2.15 fslint_2.15.orig.tar.gz
>
> http://www.pixelbeat.org/fslint/debian/

Much better! Thanks.

> I'm confused as to why it didn't ask me to sign it.

Depends on how you built the package. Usually I run "debuild" which will
try to sign the package afterwards. Signing the package is important if
the package gets uploaded to Debian because you need a Debian
developer's signature on the package to be accepted in the official
repositories - just a security measure.

However the package is not yet in perfect shape. Run "lintian" on the
final package (lintian -i *deb) to see some obvious problems.

Just in case there is a misunderstanding. You usually don't need to care
for a Debian package. It's okay to have someone who is familiar with
Debian to deal with all the policy and procedures. Here I assume that
you are personally interested in maintaining the Debian package. Just to
let you know there are surely volunteers in the Debian project so you
can concentrate on developing the actual (upstream) software.

Kindly
 Christoph
--
~