Re: How to include information about a source package ?

On Monday 01 May 2006 22:05, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Mon, 01 May 2006, George Danchev wrote:
> > 1) Since debian/copyright already contains the upstream URL I would
> > add also the hashes against it in a machine parsable way:
> >
> > It was downloaded from ftp://ftp.coolsite.org/dir/file-1.2.tar.gz
> > md5sum: paranoiccyphers
> > sha1sum: extraparanoiccyphers
>
> That's not useful; far better to look at the original .dsc. Finally,
> changing it automatically will just end up with it being the same as
> the orig.tar.gz put in the .dsc...

We won't have .dsc at that stage at all. The sponsor could checkout my debian/
directory from a scm repo we both have access to or I can send it to him gpg
signed and he can start off the reviewing and building process from there.
That's all.

> the copyright file isn't designed
> to have that information in it in the first place.

I do not see why it is not. File uri along a digest(s) is the only way to
strictly declare which upstream tarball we are talking about.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB