Re: RFS: xlife - X11R7 changes

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 03:04:29PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 08:33:49PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> >> Is that a screwup of his systems or a missing versioned
> >> Build-Depends on xutils-dev on my part?

> > I'd say that the build-depends are fine and he just needs to upgrade
> > to the current xutils-dev.  The bad one never got out of unstable,
> > I'm fairly sure.

> I did an upgrade just before building the package, so I guess it is my
> arch (sparc) lagging behind? Let's check... No, I have xutils-dev
> 1:1.0.2-3, which packages.debian.org tells me is the latest for all
> archs.

> So the problem lies somewhere else.

Do you have /usr/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl on this system?

It actually looks like xutils-dev is missing a pre-depends on x11-common (>=
1:7.0.0).  Did Imake.tmpl end up orphaned in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
instead?  If so, just move that directory to /usr/lib/X11/config by hand to
fix it up.  (Well, unless you also have xviewg-dev installed, then you'll
have to sort through by hand...)