Re: How to include information about a source package ?

On Mon, 01 May 2006, George Danchev wrote:
> 1) Since debian/copyright already contains the upstream URL I would
> add also the hashes against it in a machine parsable way:
>
> It was downloaded from ftp://ftp.coolsite.org/dir/file-1.2.tar.gz
> md5sum: paranoiccyphers
> sha1sum: extraparanoiccyphers

That's not useful; far better to look at the original .dsc. Finally,
changing it automatically will just end up with it being the same as
the orig.tar.gz put in the .dsc... the copyright file isn't designed
to have that information in it in the first place.

Don Armstrong

--
You could say she lived on the edge... Well, maybe not exactly on the edge,
just close enough to watch other people fall off.