Re: RFS: nmzmail -- indexes and searches email in maildir folders, especially mutt

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 09:18:55AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote......

> > > +  -$(MAKE) distclean is evil, see Branden's bug against
> > > lintian.
> Did you look into this?  It is #325372.

Yes I did, and in all honesty did not follow it 100%.  But that
said, I've rewritten my rules file and now do not make reference to
-$(MAKE) distclean.

> If you update autotools foo at compile-time, then you should
> consider removing them in the "clean" target; this avoids them in
> the diff, which makes it that much shorter, cleaner, more
> "source"like, and more readable.

I believe I've achieved that now.

> BTW, I think
>
> +       ln -sf /usr/share/misc/config.sub .
>
> Is not well-behaved for sufficiently old and obscure ln; the .
> needs to be a name, instead (but I don't have a reference for
> this).

Changed to respective names.

> CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" ./configure
>
> The suggested way to do this is with ./configure
> CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" ..  check ./configure --help |head.

Changed as you suggest.  It's actually quite clear in the New
Maintainers Guide, but I missed it.

> Of course you can lose the #docbook-to-man example if you don't
> intend to use it.

It's gone now.

Thanks again for all of the tips and taking the time to look it
over.

Kevin

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941  http://rustybear.com/publickey