Re: RFS: nmzmail -- indexes and searches email in maildir folders, especially mutt

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 10:41:44PM -0500, Kevin Coyner wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for the package 'nmzmail'.  This is a
> great little program that indexes and searchs email in maildir
> folders.  It truly shines when used in combination with mutt, making
> searches of your email extremely easy and quick.
>
> The package is lintian/linda clean and builds cleanly in
> pbuilder-sid.
>
> Thank you in advance for reviewing this package and possibly
> sponsoring it.
>
> Package name:       nmzmail
> Version:            1.3-1
> Upstream author:    Johannes Hofmann <johannes.hofmann@gmx.de>
> License:            GPL

>                     indexing and searching maildir folders.  Based on the
>                     result of a search query using the search engine
>                     namazu2, nmzmail generates a maildir folder
>                     containing symbolic links to the mail(s)
>                     matching the query.  A simple mutt macro makes
>                     it easy to use nmzmail from within mutt.
>                     nmzmail is similar to mairix (another email
>                     index/search program), but perhaps easier to use
>                     since it uses the query syntax of namazu2.
>
> ITP:                Closes #325043
>
> Source files:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nmzmail/
I would suggest to Enhances: mutt, in addition to suggesting it.  Also
the homepage field is supposedly supposed to be indented with an extra
space.

+       -$(MAKE) distclean
is evil, see Branden's bug against lintian.

nmzmail-0.1.3.orig/config.{sub,guess} are interesting, they seem to be
introduced entirely by your .diff; does upstream really not ship with
them?  Aren't they required?  You might consider removing them in
'clean' and copying them from /u/s/autotools-dev/ on configure, and of
course b-dep on autotools-dev.

Justin