Re: RFC: potracegui -- is a KDE frontend for potrace

Christoph Wegscheider wrote:
I also have some questions:

1.) Is a successfull pbuilder build a guaranty for correct Build-Depends?

As long as you haven't mucked with the settings and installed extra packages in the pbuilder chroot by default, this is one of the best ways to be sure, yes.

2.) Is there an easy way to untighten the automatically (${shlibs:Depends})
generated Depends? I mean, maybe a lower version of a lib would also do
(having testing/unstable user in mind).

I'm pretty sure this is by design, hand-tweaked shlibdeps are asking for trouble. The 'old version' thing is generally not an issue, any testing user can do 'apt-get -t unstable install libblah' to force the issue. I have to do this occasionally.

3.) I have a testing/unstable installation. Is it OK to use it as build
plattform or * should I release only pbuilder build debs
* should I simply upgrade all (Build-)Depends to unstable
* must I dist-upgrade to sid?

Even if you're on sid it's a good idea to use pbuilder to verify Build-Deps, so upgrading to sid for package building purposes is mostly pointless.

4.) What are the (maybe informal) requirements for an RFS? e.g.: making
packages for half a year; having made at least 5 packages; being able to
recite every policy section within 5 seconds ;)

Anybody can make an RFS from what I can tell, but you won't get any takers if your package is 'improper'.