Re: question about version number

"Martin Bialasinski" <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> writes:

> Stephan> You are completely right, yet it seems you did not really
> Stephan> answer to my point ;).
>
> Maybe this time I get it right :-)

(..)

> Generally:
>
> When you package a software, you take a look how the author handles
> things. This includes versioning as well.
>
> If you see, that he released 1.5 -> 1.51 -> 1.52, you can conclude he
> really wanted 1.5.1 etc.

 This actually is a possible explanation to my little wondering about
"how could he know?" ;)

 I hope the original poster is aware of our in-depth analysis of the
problem? We might consider packaging this thread itself, to make it
available for the whole debian community in a convenient way.

Stephan
--
s-Stephan Suerken <suerken@fh-worms.de>
s-Voice (+49) (6241) 92566-2 -- WWW http://www.fh-worms.de/~suerken