RE: lintian + standards version?

On 16-Feb-2001 Drew Parsons wrote:
> I've been setting the Standards-Version of my packages to 3.5.0.0, but
> lintian (v 1.20.6) complains:
>
> W: gworldclock source: newer-standards-version 3.5.0.0
>
> Indeed, /usr/share/lintian/checks/standards-version doesn't contain any
> references to 3.5, despite a recent version (1.20.4) closing bugs #84088 and
>#83969, saying Standards-Version 3.5.0 was accounted for.
>
> What's up?

I have only partially implemented 3.5.0 so I have not changed the number and
fool you into believing you are fully up to date.  The warning itself is safe,
and i am doing about 70% of 3.5.0.  To fully be up to date I have to read every
check script and compare it against current policy.  Since I am beginning work
on a rewrite of lintian, I decided i could kill a few birds with one stone.