quitting from install scripts

I'm planning to have mirrormagic use debconf to ask the user if they want to
delete the highscore files from the older version (which are incompatible
from the new).

Having a choice of Yes/No is clear, but it seemed to me it might be
appropriate to provide a third alternative, "Quit", which aborts the upgrade
of mirrormagic.

What is the usual approach to handling the aborting of a package
installation?  Is it appropriate to "exit 1" in preinst if the user chooses
"Quit", halting the installation of the package?

Or is this simply a Bad Idea, and the user should be expected to use Ctrl-C
if he really wants to quit the installation?

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A