Re: newbie and nervous cell

Hi,

I've just checked out the ImageJ code a bit and realized that it is
"public domain". The statement in the code says:

/*
 * ImageJ is open-source. You are free to do anything you want
 * with this source as long as I get credit for my work and you
 * offer your changes to me so I can possibly add them to the
 * "official" version.
 *
 * @author Wayne Rasband (wayne@codon.nih.gov)
 */

There is no license specified there. On their homepage, they say:
"Public Domain": http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/docs/intro.html
So, in my understanding it would be possible to take the code and
put my own license statement there, as long as I mention the name
of Wayne Rasband?
I would eventually like to take the ImageJ sources and make a
ResMedicinae (GPL) module of it. Would I violate anything here?

Christian

--
http://www.resmedicinae.org
- Information in Medicine -