Re: The legality of wodim

Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hrm, this doesn't follow automatically.  I'm aware of international treaties
> covering reciprocation of *copyrights*, but none that would mean
> Urheberrecht has force outside of Germany regardless of where the work was
> written.  Do you have a reference for this?

Urheberrecht is basically a strict implementation of Berne. The term
means "author's right" in English, which is the phrase that most of
the world uses to denote this type of legal protection. For
historical reasons English uses "copyright" instead.

It's actually US copyright law that's deviating from the norms of
international copyright treaties. Berne provides for moral rights
for almost all categories of works (art. 6bis), but 17 USC 106A
only provides this right for a "work of visual art".

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself
              Arnoud blogt nu ook: http://blog.iusmentis.com/