Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:
> Prevent me, as the file owner?  They don't.  However, they do obstruct
> or control the further reading and copying of the work.

Is it allowed to keep a hard copy of a GFDL document in a locked house?
That too prevents further reading and copying of the work. If it is
allowed, what makes this different from keeping a copy on a computer
with a permission setup such that only the owner of that copy can read
it?

If you argue that using permission bits to prevent others from reading
and/or copying the document, you are IMO arguing that no copies except
electronic ones on the Internet are allowed. Any other copy is
restricted from reading and copying.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *