Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

"Raul Miller" <moth.debian@gmail.com>
> For the DRM issue to be significant, we'd have to have reason to
> believe that a judge would not be familiar with the legal meaning of
> the phrase "technical measures" in the context of copyright law.

>From the EUCD (2001/29/EC) Article 6 (3), we have in English English:
   the expression "technological measures" means any technology, device or
   component that, in the normal course of its operation, is designed to
   prevent or restrict acts, in respect of works or other subject-matter,
   which are not authorised by the rightholder of any copyright or any
   right related to copyright as provided for by law or the sui generis
   right provided for in Chapter III of Directive 96/9/EC.

Please explain why this doesn't include file permissions or any of the
other examples previously posted. File permissions seem to be a
technology designed to prevent or restrict unauthorised acts.

[...]
> Maybe none of this is new, but aside from the Opaque and DRM issues,
> none of the proposals or supporting material on vote.debian.org
> indicate that any of these issues are to be taken seriously.

Once we were told FDL's development is none of our business, I think
some of us maybe moved on after collating the most obvious problems.

--
MJR/slef