Re: Free documents using non-free fonts - can they be in main?

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

I forgot to answer one question - please follow up to devel if you want
to discuss this, since it isn't a legal issue.

> If the usual dtx mantra:
>
> pdflatex <package>.dtx
> makeindex -s gind.ist
> makeindex -s gglo.ist -o <package>.gls <package>.glo
> pdflatex <package>.dtx
>
> runs without errors, you know that you *can* make a reasonable document,
> but you have not necessarily just created one.
>
>> How do you fix errors in the document?

By waiting for upstream to release a new version.  We have already
enough work to do with the Debian packaging, identifying the LaTeX
packages responsible for bugs that users report, contacting the
maintainers etc.  In some cases where the maintainers were MIA, we even
helped to find a new person.  But we really have no time to improve the
documentation texts.  If the documentation is under a DFSG-free license,
the (new) maintainer is the person to do that.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)