Re: Free documents using non-free fonts - can they be in main?

Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Also, everything in orig.tar.gz must be DFSG free.

Err, of course.  That's why I ask.  Does debian-legal think that a
document with a DFSG-free license and with sources available except for
the embedded fonts is DFSG-free or not?

I don't want to hear technical comments whether it is desirable or
doable to rebuild the documentation, but whether it is legally possible
to distribute such documents.

And, just for the curious, the particular example why I came to that
question is a document that is a PDF presentation.  With a font change,
we'd have to rework all the spacing and page breaking, and probably
rather put it into contrib (or non-free if that's the only example,
since we already have a package with non-free stuff but none with
contrib).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster