Re: GPL, yet again. (The kernel is a lot like a shared library)

On 9/15/05, Raul Miller <moth.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> > It follows that if sell a Windows program that you've made without

if you sell, I meant.

> > Microsoft SDK which has "generous terms" (what are they, BTW?)...
>
> When  you're talking about what you need to build generic programs

I said Windows program, not generic. A program that uses MS API.

In the GNU Republic, you can't even distribute copies in source
code (without risking to end up in jail)... unless it happens to
"work" under buggy WINE as well (i.e. use nothing really fancy
that WINEers have not yet implemented).

http://web.novalis.org/talks/compliance-for-developers/slide-49.html

My, what a lunacy. Regarding FSF's derivative works theory, I suspect
that the FSF objective is to establish basis for insanity defense -- the only
thing that might help when someone finally decides to go after them.

regards,
alexander.