Re: cdrecord: weird GPL interpretation

Brian Thomas Sniffen <bts@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Måns Rullgård <mru@mru.ath.cx> writes:
>
>> Brian Thomas Sniffen <bts@alum.mit.edu> writes:

>>> While legally you're right, I think from a point of view of politeness
>>> you're wrong.
>>
>> Go read some postings by JS and you won't feel any need for
>> politeness.
>
> I've read them.  It doesn't seem any worse than the drivel which shows
> up here regularly.  Joerg tells Alan Cox he doesn't know anything
> about Linux systems or security.  People here say things about that
> ridiculous once a week -- you've seen them too.

Add to that an arrogant center-of-the-world attitude (you can't change
the kernel now, cdrecord is in code freeze pending release and similar
statements).

> On the other hand, I find this message interesting:
>
>   http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/8/19/111
>
> In particular, he seems to be relying on German "Authors' Rights", and
> claims to be in discussion with Debian people.  That's nearly a month
> ago.

More specifically, he claims to be in discussion with Debian how to
stop SuSE from doing what they have every right to do.  I know nothing
about German law, so I can't comment on that bit.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@mru.ath.cx