Re: cdrecord: weird GPL interpretation

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 10:40:40AM -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> In this case, what matters is that nobody be able to say "Debian took
> this guy's software and did something he didn't want done with it."

Given the nonsense that's been posted in his name, there's some serious
doubt that we even know what he wants done with it -- and more doubt
that what he wants done with it is self consistent.

I do agree that we should avoid upgrading to versions he's provided which
are accompanied by statements about copyright which conflict with the GPL.

But I don't see any valid reason for pulling prior versions out of main.

--
Raul