Re: Please pass judgement on X-Oz licence: free or nay?

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 12:20:47PM -0500, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 11:15, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > The summary claims that clause 4 makes the license non-free.

...because we don't undestand what X-Oz means when they say it.

> > Since clause 4 is identical to what's contained in the X11 license, it
> > makes it difficult to take the summary terribly seriously.
>
> Oh, wow.
>
> Shame on you, Branden, for placing Debian's X packaging scripts under a
> non-free license! Or have you recanted from your position in
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/02/msg00162.html?

Is this sort of remark intended to be productive, or are you just venting
your spleen because you don't appear to have actually comprehended the
message you cite?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Those who fail to remember the laws
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    of science are condemned to