Re: periodic summaries, was: RPSL and DFSG ...

Mark Brown writes:
>On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 01:18:36PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
>
>> We haven't even reliably summarised discussions when they die down
>> IMO. Are you suggesting something significantly more lightweight? Can
>
>It may be easier to get time-based summaries out - as you say, e-mail
>discussions tend to just peter out which means that someone has to not
>only write up the summary but also go decide when the discussion has
>actually finished.  Simply saying "It's Monday, time to do a summary" is
>a lot easier.

Exactly. Don't wait for a consensus; on some discussions it may take a
long time to happen. A weekly "bits from -legal" type post would be a
useful thing: a short summary of licenses/clauses discussed and the
salient points brought up. That might encourage contributions from the
rest of the project, such that other DDs might start to care about
what goes on here...

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html