Re: Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r2 (II)

Scripsit Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org>

> Hmm, "we don't accept what is Hitachi said". This is consensus of us?

What they said certainly wasn't very convincing.

> I agree Hitachi make a mess, but it's not reason to kick them.

It's not so much a question of kicking Hitachi as providing scalable
Japanese fonts to our users. If there are more-clearly-free
alternative fonts in Debian that provide the same glyphs, then I won't
oppose removing them. But if removal would entail actual hardship for
our users, I think it is sensible to expect the party claiming
infringement to present a more coherent case first.

--
Henning Makholm                   "We will discuss your youth another time."