Re: [fielding@apache.org: Review of proposed Apache License, version 2.0]

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 07:43:01PM -0500, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:
> There is also no way to be sure that the next minor upstream Emacs
> release will still be entirely free software, and Debian has been
> bitten by this before.  So why not move everything to non-free which
> is not under a "GPL, version 2 only" license?

Yes, that follows quite clearly.  People don't share your opinion, so
resort to hysterically absurd arguments.

That the GNU FDL is not DFSG-free tells us nothing about the
DFSG-freeness of *any* other license.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I suspect Linus wrote that in a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     complicated way only to be able to