Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2003, Jacobo Tarrio <jtarrio@trasno.net> wrote:
>>  Everything Debian distributes is software.
>
> This was very often written in that thread but it is wrong.

For the purpose of applying the DFSG and determining if Debian can
distribute it, we currently assume that everything we distribute is
software.

See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200307/msg00342.html
and the hundreds of threads preceding it, then propose on -project a
GR to separate documentation/data etc. from the DFSG if you wish to do
differently.

Don Armstrong

--
"People selling drug paraphernalia ... are as much a part of drug
trafficking as silencers are a part of criminal homicide."

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu