Re: Documentation and Sarge's Release Critical Policy

Scripsit =?iso-8859-1?b?Suly9G1l?= Marant <jmarant@free.fr>
> Quoting Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>:

>> But if I did agree with you, can you imagine the flame wars that
>> would result if we had to decide, on a case-by-case basis, whether
>> or not Debian could permit and/or support various invariant
>> screeds?

> Hey, non-software-related invariants would be rejected, at least. :-)

Why so sure? Some day or later we may get a manual with an invariant
section reading

   The original author of this fine software passed away of cancer
   last January. I (the new maintainer) would like all users of the
   program to consider donating to their local cancer-reseach
   charity. More funds for such research is important because
   <blah blah blah>

and you can call me a chinchilla if there won't be a handful of Debian
developers arguing passionately that such a noble cause does deserve
being furthered by Debian.

--
Henning Makholm               "Monarki, er ikke noget materielt ... Borger!"