Re: A single unified license

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 07:28:21PM -0400, David B Harris wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:02:56 -0400
> Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
> > <large part of original message excluded because it's not relevant to
> > my question>
> >
> > I intend to make the effort some day, but first I have to finish GPL
> > version 3, which faces other difficult questions.
>
> There have been some statements made by people who weren't part of the
> FSF as to the nature of the GPL, version 3. Obviously nobody in their
> right mind would take what are essentially rumors as fact, but it does
> make one curious. Are there any working copies of the GPLv3 available
> for perusal? If not, do you happen to have any idea as to how much time
> will be given for community review?

I look forward to read a draft of the GPL v3, since Hans Reiser did
mention that the equivalent of 'Invariant Sections' would be added
in the forthcoming GPL v3.

See his post to the debian mailing-list:
   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200304/msg01295.html

A quote:

"You'll note that ReiserFS anticipated the GNU GPL V3 by including
clauses that forbid removal of credits in its license, and for a long
time I have been telling Stallman that he needs to get V3 of the GPL out
the door."

Christophe

L'experience, c'est une connerie par jour mais jamais la même.