Re: MySQL licensing and OpenSSL linking issues

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 02:25:45PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Other than that issue, I think this would nicely address Debian's needs.
> > > I'm pleased to see MySQL AB taking this step to clarify the license of
> > > the client libraries.
>
> > It seems at that point that it would be easier to just put it under
> > the LGPL.
>
> Except that the LGPL permits use of the code in ways that MySQL does not
> want to allow.

Well, what do they want to allow, and what don't they want to allow?

Perhaps we can help them formalize the wording, if we understand their
desires.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The key to being a Southern
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Baptist: It ain't a sin if you