Re: Open Software License

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> I subscribe to the license-discuss list; but do not recall any
> discussion there on the lines of 'forced redistribution is not free'.

The OSI license-discuss list doesn't operate in the same way that
debian-legal does, and doesn't seem to have the same body of consensus
about topics not directly covered by the OSD.  There was an inconclusive
thread about this in April (sorry for the link, I couldn't find a better
one easily)
http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3:sss:6543:200303:nepgjjjogdajaicmedhi#b

I believe Debian takes a much stronger stance.  I hope the external
deployment section of this license will be considered non-free.