Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:

AD>>> Oh, great, so maybe I'll finally have answers to my generic questions
AD>>> FDL supporters: how a license which forbids to put the document on an
AD>>> encrypted filesystem can be considered free? How a license which
AD>>> forbids
AD>>
AD>> Is it? Are you sure? Or do you plan to distribute encrypted Debian
AD>> CD's? ;)

AD>It prohibits (paraphrasing) using technical measures to limit
AD>access to the work. Encryption definitely seems to count. So
AD>would ACLs or permission bits, methinks.

AD>So, it appears that if I have a non word-readable home directory,
AD>especially if it happens to be over crypto-loopback, I can't
AD>store FDL documents in $HOME.

	False, btw.

	According FDL, "You may not use technical measures to
obstruct or control the reading or further copying of the _copies_
_you_ _make_ _or_ _distribute_". You has no obligations regarding
you own copy of document. You only cannot distribute document and
limit access to it in the same time.