Re: Inconsistencies in our approach

Scripsit Lynn Winebarger <owinebar@free-expression.org>

>      This is circular.  You are only routing around DFSG's inconvenient
> restrictions if those restrictions apply (by virtue of being software).
> It can also be turned around - why claim everything is software except
> to force DSFG restrictions where they are unnecessary or undeserved?

Could you please explain which criteria you want to judge
"documentation" licenses by? For the sake of the discussion, you may
assume that we can find a text that everyone agrees is documentation
rather than program.

Do, however, please argue why each of the restrictions you want to
accept for documentation is less important for documentation than for
software.

--
Henning Makholm                     "However, the fact that the utterance by
                           Epimenides of that false sentence could imply the