Re: User's thoughts about LPPL

> Others (eg Boris) seem to be saying that the Latex developers don't
> mind if you rename Latex to something else and modify it such that
> \usepackage{article} in a document does something different than it
> does in the real latex.  You're contradicting this, so I'll discontinue
> this thread unless Frank or David speaks up to clarify this.

There is no "real" latex as opposed to "unreal/modified" latex.
What David is saying is that you can create a format based on latex
which is no longer latex but balhblahlatex -- a consciuos act
is necessary to typeset that document using something different
to "latex" and while it's true that the document (the tex file)
could look identical, it won't be latex anymore, and if it doesn't
work in your system that will be the fault of the author of the
document which is distributing a document not being latex, but
which looks like latex, without any notice. If latex can be
modified, that document could be both created and distributed
as a "latex" document, and that is what I'm saying.

Javier