Re: User's thoughts about LPPL

    Javier> Thanks for saying "apparently" :-). We are repeating and
    Javier> repeating again than you can rewrite latex in full, if you
    Javier> want.

MMM, someone on the Debian side here should write up an instructive
rant on what source code means focusing on the preferred form for
editing definition.  I disagree that the source code (as we think of
it) is available to all documents.  The source to LaTeX isn't even on
my system.  The source goes through a bunch of transformations from
the .dtx files to produce the .cls and other files.

The LaTeX community's point remains--you can change any aspect of the
behavior of LaTeX from within a document.  But you do not get the
editable form of LaTeX source from within a document.