Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 05:36:29PM -0800, Mark Rafn wrote:
> Just so I can follow the teams, is there anyone who doesn't feel their
> position falls more-or-less into one of the following?

Thank you for this excellent summary :)

[positions elided, they've been quoted often enough]

> BTW, I have no clue how to resolve such a basic policy dispute.  I have a
> personal opinion, but I really expect that there won't be many people
> moving between the above camps.

If all else fails we can vote on a General Resolution.  This sort of thing
(a disagreement that cannot be resolved based on technical merits) is
exactly what they are designed for.

We don't have to get into the tangled question of whether the DFSG can
be amended.  We can publish such a Resolution as a new document.

--
Richard Braakman
Will write free software for money.