Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 05:36:29PM -0800, Mark Rafn wrote:
> Just so I can follow the teams, is there anyone who doesn't feel their
> position falls more-or-less into one of the following?
>
> 1) Documents aren't software, so it's ok to include non-free documents in
> Debian.
>
> 2) Documents with some amount of invariant non-license text can still
> be considered free.
>
> 3) Documents with non-license invariant text are non-free, and don't
> belong in Debian.
>
> 4) Generally, we shouldn't include documents with invariant text because
> they're not free, but we should make occasional exceptions.
>
> BTW, I have no clue how to resolve such a basic policy dispute.

Sounds like a great draft for a General Resolution ballot.  :)

For what it's worth, 3) most closely describes my personal opinion.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The software said it required
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Windows 3.1 or better, so I