Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 07:19:58PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 04:31:30PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > That I do not support grandfathering efforts on these manuals doesn't
> > mean I'll fight them, either.  At the moment, I don't feel motivated to
> > participate in such a discussion at all.
>
> I think the fact that your proposal entirely excludes this important
> question is a good reason to stall it and look for a better, more
> integrative solution.

Is it your contention that the DFSG as written DOES include this
"important question"?  What part of DFSG 3 says that Debian doesn't
require permission to modify copyright notices and license texts?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    There is no housing shortage in
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    Lincoln today -- just a rumor that