Re: How about a new section "[partially free]"?

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 10:50:21PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> (The issue of marking modifications is one that applies to the GPL as
> well, and is frequently not followed by most people, alas, at least
> not within the terms of the license strictly.)

Perhaps dpkg should be modified to automatically put the package
maintainer's name at the top of a source .diff file before compressing
it; these would remain "legal" diffs and since the unified diff
information already includes date information, this, combined with the
Project's strong preference for "pristine upstream tarballs", would
probably serve to bring a lot of Debian packages automatically into
compliance, if they're not already.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    above, but it is too long to fit