Re: How about a new section "[partially free]"?

Hi, Branden!

On Sunday, 2. December 2001 06:26, Branden Robinson wrote:
> In my opinion, "Non-Abhorrent Non-Free Software" is a cause
> best undertaken by a project other than Debian.

I did not mean that there is any non-abhorrent non-free software.

As I understand it, a package that makes it into [main] complies
to all points of the DFSG. However, your proposal will allow
packages that don't fully comply the DFSG to enter [main], if
the violation is not too grave. I consider this inconsistent.

So, as there are cases that fail the DFSG, but which are also
too valuable to be put into [non-free], why should they not get
a seperate, new category?

Bye,
Thomas
 }:o{#