Re: xfig-doc has license problems in examples

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 01:04:50PM +0200, Sunnanvind Briling Fenderson wrote:
> So my suggestion stands. It would be a good thing to have DFSG, DFAIG
> (art/information) and DFDD (documentation). The DFAIG should allow
> free verbatim distribution and freely 'changing formats', eg. svg to
> png or dvi to xml. It should encourage people to allow modification of
> content as well, but not require it. (The DFAIG would apply to things
> like licenses and books.) The DFDD should require that modification of
> technical things is allowed.

  Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software

  We promise to keep the Debian GNU/Linux Distribution entirely free
  software. As there are many definitions of free software, we include the
  guidelines we use to determine if software is "free" below. We will
  support our users who develop and run non-free software on Debian, but
  we will never make the system depend on an item of non-free software.

What part of "Free Software" don't you understand?

If we distribute it, it's software.

If it's not software (or willing to be treated as such), it's not our
mission to distribute it.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      It doesn't matter what you are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      doing, emacs is always overkill.