Re: xfig-doc has license problems in examples

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 12:44:56AM +0200, Sunnanvind Briling Fenderson wrote:
> Functional work is a different story, like software. There,
> modifications have to be allowed.
>
> But for logos and licenses and manuals and political statements? Sure,
> it'd be great to be able to make modified versions (I work on a
> copylefted art/literature magazine), but is it necessary?

If you're going to change a program, you need to/should change the
manual along with it. I certainly can see a desire to change how a
program looks, or what a font includes.

> There's probably hundreds of non-DFSG-free data tidbits in Debian main
> already. Like licenses.

Licenses have always been declared out of territory, since there's no
need to modify them, and we don't want to argue with various authors
over the license of the license.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each