Re: License determination

Brian Ristuccia <brianr@osiris.978.org> writes:

> This sounds a lot like

Yes, but only the sound of it. GPL's:

| you must cause it, when started running for such
| interactive use in the most ordinary way,

implies that if I read through the manuals and know who made the thing
and know there's no warranty, it can give it a "don't display the
announcement" option, and I'll be fine with GPL because starting with
such an option is not "starting in the most ordinary way".

The licence in question is an altogether different beast:

--
Henning Makholm
http://www.diku.dk/students/makholm