Re: UW gave permission for PINE

On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 04:31:33PM -0800, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:
> I'm on it.  "Hey, dub dub dub dub...."
>
> Just kidding.  UW usually takes a while to respond.  They told me that
> distribution is ok if I append the letter "L" to the of the file (i.e.
> pine-396L_i386.deb.  And some legal disclaimer.  In the dir where pine
> will live in debian.org's site, probably a PINE-README would be needed to
> give the 'this is distributed by permission' and the other copyright and
> trademark notices.

Hey, and a flower on the box and plant a tree for every copy made.

How many silly restricitions can we bear?

I don't see why Debian should follow the above requirements for a non-free
package. This is annoying.

I appreciate your effort Paul, that you make a pine package for us
available. I don't think it should be distributed on debian mirrors, though.

Thank you,
Marcus