Re: GDB manual

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
> [...] The invariant section is
> a requirement on packaging of modified versions of the technical
> material, and that is an area where tolerance is called for.  [...]

Does anyone know of a legal ruling on what conditions a manual with such
secondary sections and under one copyright licence is regarded as two
works instead of one?  If it's two works, then the technical manual part
probably is free.

But even if it is two works, then is this requiring Debian to distribute a
non-free work in order to have the free work?  Is that still not possible?
The advertising clauses only applied to advertising, after all, which
had no direct bearing on the Debian distribution AFAIK.

No flames, please.  I'm still trying to get this straight in my head.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."