Re: New EULA of UnrealIRCd

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:47:06PM +0100, Mika Fischer wrote:
> ---
> The UnrealIRCd Team reserves the right to modify this agreement at anytime as
> long as notice is given on the unrealircd.com main page at least 24 hours
> before changes take effect. The modified agreement will only effect new
> downloads, downloads completed before the new agreement takes effect will
> still be governed by the agreement that was accepted by the end user at the
> original time of download.
> ---
>
> If the last paragraph of the original EULA was changed to this one, would
> there be any more problems?

I see a comma splice; they need to change that last comma to a
semicolon.[1]

Other than that, there is nothing objectionable about this language.

However, the requirement of a click-through license acceptance ceremony
is still problematic, if it in fact it is a requirement, which remains
unclear.

[1] Yes, it's a minor point, but poor grammar degrades clarity.  One
wants clarity in legal language even more than in regular conversation.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Good judgement comes from
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     experience; experience comes from