Re: how to update packages now sarge is stable?

Nate Duehr wrote:
> Ian Greenhoe wrote:
>
>> To get security updates on standard Debian, (including backported
>> security patches), add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list
>> and then do an apt-get update & apt-get upgrade.
>>
>> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
>
> We all mentioned that a week ago - but Firefox 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 which are
> both arguably security releases are not available from the security team
> (yet).

Given the Debian security and packaging policies, they /wont/ be
available as part of Debian/stable.

The security fixes from them will be backported to the version of
Firefox that was included in /stable, though, and the package will be
released with the problems solved.

Regards,
       Daniel