Re: Best "network manager"

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 08:57 -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Is anyone doing something in a similar way, yet automated -- or
> perhaps has a better suggestion?  I haven't looked at it yet, but I
> suppose SMTP AUTH or some other authentication method would be less
> work when connecting from different locations.

If the STMP server allows you to send mail from any IP address if you
use SMTP AUTH, then, yes, that would be the easiest. Otherwise, look if
you can specify multiple smart hosts in exim.conf. I assume it will then
try to deliver the message first to the first one in the list. If that
fails, it'll try the second one.

Finally you could try to do some scripting with guessnet or something
like that. But the other options are probably easier.

Koen